Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Heisman

Sam Bradford, quarterback of the top ranked Oklahoma Sooners, won the Heisman Memorial Trophy Saturday night in Manhattan. The three finalists were all very deserving as they all had brilliant seasons and possess top notch leadership skills.

My ballot, if I had one, would have been as follows:

1. Colt McCoy, Texas
2. Tim Tebow, Florida
3. Sam Bradford,Oklahoma

I landed on McCoy primarily distancing himself based on his completion percentage, which was mind boggling. And before my Gator fans cry foul, I would have voted Tebow in '07 simply on his astounding numbers.

All three of these young competitors are superior representatives for their respective universities, college football and life in general. We could learn a lot from these outstanding young men, each of whom has remaining eligibility. This is not good for those who compete against Florida, and that just happens to be my boys. Congratulations Sam! Boomer Sooner!

No comments: