Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Rudy 2008

We have received a wake up call from hell. Now the question is simple: Do we rally to defeat this evil, while there is still time, or do we press a collective snooze button and go back to business as usual? The time for action is now. Today the terrorists have the will to destroy us, but they do not have the power. There is no doubt that we have the power to crush them. Now we must also show that we have the will to do just that. Once any part of the terror network acquires nuclear weapons, this equation will fundamentally change, and with it the course of human affairs. This is the historical imperative that now confronts all of us. ----------Benjamin Netanyahu 9-20-2001

As I evaluate my selection for President in the Republican Primary, the above quote from Benjamin Netanyahu figures prominently in my mind. I have always stood firmly against one issue voters, but
if these Islamic terrorists get the upper hand, balancing the budget won't matter a whole lot.

With this in mind, and for a variety of reasons, my choice is Rudy Giuliani. Rudy obviously understands the the importance of protecting this nation from the Islamic terrorists or any other nations or groups which will harm on us. I am looking for someone who is on offense in this regard and Rudy is.

Giuliani is also a supply side economic thinker. He has a proven record of fiscal conservative governance, complete with lower taxes, reducing the size of government while increasing it's efficiency, creating jobs and growing the economy.

Rudy has demonstrated his ability in problem solving, as evidenced by his record in New York City. Although he has vast experience in
government, he would be a breath of fresh air in Washington.

Certainly, like anyone else, Rudy is not free from professional and personal setbacks. Unlike many, he holds himself accountable for those and learns from these lessens. I am looking for someone with accountability.

I find many attributes of some of the competing candidates outstanding. At the end of the day, I find Rudolph Giuliani best suits my objectives and he has my support.

No comments: