Friday, September 5, 2008

So Long Snowman

One of my favorite characters passed away this week as 71 year old Jerry Reed died of emphysema last Sunday.

I became aware of Jerry from his guest star appearances on The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour. Then he became legend in one of my all time favorite movies, portraying Cletus Snow (The Snowman) in Smokey and The Bandit. Reed also recorded the theme song, East Bound and Down, which is great interstate traveling music as I hold the hammer down on my Pontiac on I-75.



Reed was an extremely accomplished musician, but is better known for his hilarious antics with sidekick Burt Reynolds in a handful of these great car chase movies of the late '70's.
I could go on for days how funny these guys, along with The Great One, Jackie Gleason, were.

But, Hell I Got To Go!

No comments: