Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hand Over The Heisman

At the Big XII Media Days held a few days back, Kansas State quarterback Josh Freeman informed the country just how vast his talent is.

"I'd say I'm the best. That's my opinion because of what I bring to the table. The other guys are good quarterbacks, but I have supreme confidence in my ability as a quarterback and a playmaker."

Freeman popped off on losing All America wide receiver Jordy Nelson, a second round pick of the San Francisco 49ers.

"He was a good player … a great player, I'd say," Freeman said. "I was supposed to throw him the ball, so I threw him the ball. "But I won't miss him at all."

The one time Nebraska verbal commitment text messaged his de-commitment a week before signing day. According to the Lincoln Journal Star, Bill Callahan answered Nebraska had no room for prima donnas or drama queens, and such people “can go to Kansas State.” Callahan apparently got one thing right during his tenure in Lincoln.

Meanwhile, Freeman failed to display his skills to the public in 2007 as he tossed 11 interceptions versus 18 touchdowns. But, look out in 2008. Hey Tebow, get ready to hand over that Heisman Trophy!

No comments: