Thursday, January 15, 2009

Miracle on the Hudson River Line

ALERT: ALL PASSENGERS SURVIVED, NO MAJOR INJURIES

A flock of geese! Are you kidding me? The astounding professionalism and heroic actions of the US Airways (LCC:NYSE) flight crew which led to all the passengers surviving this plane crash into the Hudson River is so miraculous, it could well signal the bottom of the stock market!

Without the tumultuous events of a plane crash, I have been out on the Hudson River on the Circle Line Tour on 20-30 degree days with strong winds and believe me, it must have been extremely difficult for the passengers as they exited. If I had survived this event, it would be my pleasure to swim 200IM's out there until the cows come home, frigid and all, before grabbing cold one or twelve from the lovely Elisha at The Playright Tavern Act II.

As most Americans, I have a tremendous amount of respect and appreciation for the fine professionals of the NYPD, FDNY and the NYPA. But as these governmental agencies were quickly responding, and hair on fire quick they were, the US Airways crew, the passengers who kept their heads under extreme crisis, the NY Waterway ferry operators and the Circle Line Tour ferry operators participated in an excellent textbook evacuation and rescue, a team effort which make all Americans very proud.


I am petrified to fly and need flight fuel in the form of several tall cool ones in pre-flight preparation. Outside of an experience on a TWA puddle jumper from St. Louis to Lincoln back in 1980, I have had really good experiences flying, on JetBlue (JBLU:NASDAQ) and Southwest (LUV:NYSE). Given the actions demonstrated by this crew averting a major disaster this afternoon, I would appreciate the opportunity to fly US Airways. By the way, no one should even dream of filing a lawsuit due to today's crash against US Airways.

I look forward to meeting via the media many of heroes who helped out during today's miracle on the Hudson River line. God Bless America, and, as usual, today I know He did.

1 comment:

Forever Optomistic said...

Nicley put Sir William! I could not agree more with your assesment of how this was handled. As much as I fly I too am fortunate to not have ever had to experience such a traumatic ordeal.It is truely amazing how the human mind can take over and keep our actions in check to do what we have to do to survive in a split second of decison making. Nice plug for Playwrights too!!!!!!