Tuesday, October 21, 2014

#TakeTheCrown

Kauffman Stadium, Kansas City, MO
For the first time since winning the 1985 fall classic, the Kansas City Royals are about to take the field in the The World Series, hosting the San Francisco Giants in the first of the best of seven series.

The run to get to this point has been awesome, and in attending my first home Royals game since 1978 back in September, I lay claim to bringing them good luck. But really, this collection of players and coaches exemplify everything you want in a sports team.

While I wish the best for Florida State's own Buster Posey of the Giants, it is 'Husker Alex Gordon I hope will lead the Royals to the world championship.

Husker Cheer, Alex Gordon, Darin Erstad and Herbie Husker
Good Luck to the Royals, a class organization built from within, with a great group of young players representing them. George Brett and I will be cheering them on.

#BE ROYAL, #TAKETHECROWN

No comments: