Monday, November 30, 2009

CNBC's Griffeth Takes Leave

Veteran CNBC anchor Bill Griffeth is taking one year leave from the network to pursue adventure with his wife. Griffeth released the following statement:

First let me address all of the conspiracy theories: I’m not sick, I’m not being pushed out, and I’m not going on Dancing With The Stars. It’s pretty straightforward. My wife and I are new empty-nesters, so after 28 years of doing business on TV now seems like a good time to take a break, do some traveling, work on a couple of book projects, and shave strokes off of my golf handicap. I will probably turn up on the air.”

Although CNBC has been taking some hits lately, some well deserved, Griffeth was always a beacon of professionalism. Griffeth, who I first came to know watching FNN in college, is someone I respected to bring me quality and timely information of market developments and ask the pertinent questions when interviewing guests. Although we will continue to have Griffeth's on air wife (longtime anchor parter and equally professional Sue Herrera), highly thought of Michelle Caruso-Cabrera and the upstart Dennis Kneale, it won't be the same Power Lunch without Bill.

I wish him well and look forward to welcoming him back.


/>

No comments: