Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Lawbreaker Finds Palin Dangerous

Martha Stewart, bitter former talk show host, author and magazine publisher and convicted felon, delivers some scathing commentary about former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin. Take a listen:




Normally, the comments of someone so insignificant as Stewart would not register on my list of things to make commentary on, but I found the nature of her comments demonstrative of much more than her opinion and therefore commentary was warranted.

Stewart, as she is entitled to her own opinion, refers to Palin as boring and confused. Well, speaking of boring, I am hard pressed to think of a Hollywood celebrity as boring as Stewart. Confused? It seems to me Palin has her compass set square. Stewart, on the other hand, conveyed to us in a courtroom she was confused. Confused about rules regarding fraud, indeed.

Stewart pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice after being charged with insider trading. As an elitist, she got a watered down sentence you and I would likely have not gotten.

Martha labeled Pain as dangerous. I think folks who commit fraud, lie to federal investigators and obstruct justice are dangerous. As an avid stock trader, I have little room for those involved in insider trading, as I feel the trades in the pit should be on an even playing field. Did my mutual fund get the same opportunity to dump ImClone (IMCL:NASDAQ) (now a subsidiary of Eli Lily(LLY:NYSE))?

I am thrilled to be on opposite sides of the field from Stewart. I find Stewart an elitist who, in her arrogance, looks down those who may challenge the position she and her cohorts exist in. No wonder she finds Palin dangerous, because within the group she travels with, Palin is.

No comments: