Friday, June 18, 2010

Cornhusker Football To Continue Success

While the major shakeup in college football seems to have stabilized for the time being, the move by Nebraska to the Big Ten Conference is the most significant change. In my article about the move, I commented that I thought the Big Red would win more games in the Big Ten that they would if things had remained the same. I decided to check the results of Nebraska versus current Big XII and current Big Ten teams in my lifetime.

The 'Huskers are 274-76-2 in the Big XII and are 35-6 against Big Ten teams. The 85% winning percentage is approximately 7 percent higher versus the Big 10, with the last win being against Michigan in the Alamo Bowl.

Nebraska has been to most of the Big Ten stadiums in the past, and dealt with some very sketchy officiating at Happy Valley, which may have cost the 'Huskers a title.



On a recent trip to Iowa City, the Hawkeyes did not like Eric Crouch one little bit.



I am going to miss the Big XII teams, but I do think the Big Red machine will annually steamroll through most of the Big 10 and challenge for conference title annually.

No comments: