Saturday, March 28, 2009

Turn Out The Lights: Is The Party Over?

With the Space Shuttle safely home, we can turn our attention to Earth Hour 2009. Recently, actor Edward Norton and singer Alanis Morrisette were guests on Larry King Live to discuss this worldwide awareness event. Take a listen:



Let me say that I have no problem raising awareness for every individual on the planet to treat the planet with respect by applying common sense and to never pollute. I do not, however, subscribe to the global warming scan being perpetrated on the world by the likes of Al Gore. Folks in Fargo, North Dakota are hoping to hold the Red River at Bay due to an unusual amount of ice. Parts of Oklahoma are battling an ice storm today. I could go on and on.

Anyhow, it is funny to see the Hollywood crowd all on board. In his personal effort to help out, Edward Norton uses more efficient light bulbs and thinks he drives a Hybrid Toyota Prius, but then recognizes he does not actually own a car. Prius drivers think I am Dale Earnhardt as I run them over.

There seems to be an overabundance of musicians today making millions with little or no talent. Alanis Morrisette, however, is not one of them. I think she is among the most talented out there. Just love her, but she composts at her house. Good grief!

Several cities around the world, incuding Orlando, are participating this evening by dimming lights on buildings and residents in homes are doing the same. Me, I will be doing my part by leaving all my televisions on, opening my refrigerators doors (even the one in the garage) and leaving the air on snow as I will attending the Heart concert at The House of Blues Orlando.



Tonight may be a symbol, cause if we adopt all these global warming and cap and trade policies, it may be turn out the lights on our economy!

No comments: