Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Julia Roberts Teases Letterman No More

Typically, I pay little or no attention to the news coming out of Hollywood, but I heard some news out of the corner of my ear today that got my attention. David Letterman has married his longtime girlfriend and mother of his child. "Two days before the courthouse wedding, he was flirting like mad with Julia Roberts, who teased him about his unmarried status", reports The New York Daily News.

This brings back a great New York City memory for me. The one and only time I attended a taping of The Late Show with David Letterman, guest Julia Roberts teased Dave repeatedly on when he might tie the knot. Although Julia teases Dave throughout, the first video segment contains most of the interaction on this subject. If you care to take a listen:

PART 1


PART #2


PART #3


This was quite an evening indeed. Letterman was gracious to the audience and Julia Roberts was as advertised beautiful. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience. After the show, I tried to get up close to Julia as she departed The Ed Sullivan Theater. I did get the shot pictured at left but when she got in front of me, I greeted her rather than snapping an close up photo.

Congrats to Dave on his marriage and thanks to David Letterman and Julia Roberts for a wonderful evening.

FOR THOSE WHO MAY NOTICE THE DATE DIFFERENTIAL BETWEEN THE PICTURE AND THE YOUTUBE VIDEOS, TWO SHOWS WERE TAPED DECEMBER 11, 2003 WITH JULIA ROBERTS SHOW AIRING DECEMBER 12, 2003.

No comments: